Aim & Target Group
The programme is built upon the following aims:
- Sharing expertise on international communication, PR and recruitment in higher education.
- Developing competences in managing one’s own professional development by formulating learning questions and creating an action plan related to the focal topic of the programme
- Learning from different viewpoints, experiences and practices and using these as a framework when reflecting on your own professional context.
- Strengthening partnerships and networking.
During the programme, participants will create a personal and organizational development plan for their home institution regarding the main theme of the exchange week. In this plan they will apply the theoretical and practical input of the programme.
To establish this plan, the participants will receive a preliminary task to formulate their personal learning question. During the programme they will reflect on their personal development plan during the staff exchange week and will finally be asked to present the outcome by means of a poster session.
The exchange week aims at administrative staff with experience in international communication and recruitment, and/or experience with social media in this context.
A candidate to take part in the staff exchange week “ COMM’IN “ on international communication, PR and recruitment
- has experience in international communication and recruitment, and/or experience with social media regarding international education
- must pair up and apply with an experienced colleague from his/her home institution for a better dissemination of learning outcomes when returning to the home institution
- formulates and develops his/her personal learning questions regarding the main topic of the programme. The selected candidates will receive a preliminary task before the start of the exchange week.
- is prepared to share good practices, to actively share and contribute ideas from his/her own context as well as to question his/her own and other participants’ ideas as ‘critical friends’
- is employed at a partner institution of Artevelde University College Ghent or Karel De Grote University College
- is fluent in English (speaking, listening, reading, writing)